Schematic design is the first stage of the interior design process. When designing for a renovation or build, this is where you explore and set the initial ideas that will explain your project brief. We always say ‘vague goals yield vague results’, so this is the time to thoroughly explore exactly what success looks like to you, to serve as the foundation for your project to follow.
In this stage you’ll create a moodboard of imagery that will explain the style and vibe of your renovation or build project. We’ll also look at defining your budget & timeline, coordinating colour, and locking in some key design details – all of which while working with the architectural style of your home.
We give your project a solid foundation by:
- Clearly defining your brief and style of luxury
- Calculating and setting your budget
- Identifying and understanding your architectural styles
- Selecting doors and staircases that best suit your home
- Defining design details
- Selecting YOUR colour palette; learning how and where to apply it
- Collecting reference imagery to explain your project and ideas
- Creating your moodboard (with our done-for-you templates)